Winning or losing does not matter at this year’s Coffs Coast Rugby Challenge. This year’s tournament is all about the ‘Spirit of Rugby’. During the tournament we want to see the true ‘Spirit of Rugby’ displayed throughout the whole event from both individual players and teams including coaches, parents and supporters.
This year sees us reward two choices of awards to those who show the greatest ‘Spirit of Rugby’. The two awards are:
· Individual in Each Team – Spirit of Rugby Award
This Award will be selected by each individual team and will go to the player in their team who displays the true characteristics of having the ‘Spirit of Rugby’ within them.
· Team in Each Age Division – Spirit of Rugby Award
This Award will be selected by the Tournament organisers and will be award to a team in each age division. To win this award the team must show the true ‘Spirit of Rugby’ throughout the tournament both on and off the field. Below are some examples of appropriate team behaviour:
SPIRIT OF RUGBY
- Acts of Sportsmanship on the field of play
- Appropriate Parent/Supporter behaviour throughout tournament
- Tiding up of area once completed commitments
- Support of all teams in the tournament
- Assistants provided throughout tournament by players, parents and supporters
The Coffs Coast Rugby Challenge is all about enjoying the game of Rugby Union in a friendly and safe environment. Those who display the above points understand the meaning of the tournament and show the true ‘Spirit of Rugby’.